Elsner Elektronik > Service > Frequently asked questions > Building and conservatory control systems
Why does the display show the error ‘Weather station/no connection to the weather station’?
- Please contact an electrician. They will first test the weather station wiring according to VDE0100 Part 610 and check if the voltage at the weather station measures +24 V .
- If the wiring is in order, and the voltage measures +24 V, the problem is likely to be with the weather station. In rare cases, the problem is with the controller.
- Please replace your defective weather station P00 (3-wire), P01, P02 with a newer weather station. Repairs are not supported for these older models.
- The controllers WS10, WS20, WS1000 alt, WS1 and WS1000 Touch are also no longer eligible for repair.
Why does my shading retract even though it is sunny?
- If there is a wind/rain alarm, the shading retracts automatically (protection function).
- It is possible that a tree or a nearby building is casting a shadow on the weather station's sensor.
Why does my shading not extend?
- Please make sure that the shading is set to ‘Automatic operation’.
- It is possible that not all the set parameters have been exceeded (light, blocking temperatures etc.). The shading will then extend. Compare the weather values shown on the display with the set values (parameters).
- If there is a wind/rain alarm, the shading will not move (protection function).
Why does my shading extend during rain, and why does my window open?
- The direction of rotation is probably set the wrong way round. Please change the direction of rotation in the menu.
Why does the drive of the shading extend it over the limit switch (maximum extension point)?
- Let an electrician check the limit switch: it must be re-adjusted.
Why does my control system constantly indicate ‘rain’?
- The rain sensor is probably dirty. Please carefully clean the gold-plated conductor loops on the weather station with a cloth soaked in water.